Family and friends brighten the day and can help speed a recovery. During a hospitalization at Atlanta Medical Center, our goal is to provide an environment that promotes healing and provides a positive experience.
In order to accommodate our patients, the following guidelines should be followed:
- All hospital doors remain open until 8:30 p.m. The Emergency Department doors are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In general, visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. Visiting hours vary by floor. Some units, such as intensive care units, may have limited visiting times. Supervised, well-behaved children may visit patients, however, children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the intensive care units.
- We encourage family visits, but please take small children by the hand for their safety. To prevent transmitting germs, children should never be allowed to sit or lie down on the floor. Children who can walk should wear shoes while on hospital property.
- Certain patient care areas such as rehabilitation and psychiatric units limit visitation. Special visiting hours are maintained on these units. Please ask the nurse for visiting hours and policies for these areas.
- For the rest and welfare of our patients, televisions must be kept at a low volume. Please comply with requests to turn off televisions to allow a patient to sleep. Nursing personnel also may ask that televisions are turned off at 11 p.m.
- We understand that some of our patients have special likes and dislikes regarding food. However, you will need permission from the patient’s physician to bring food into the hospital for a patient. Visitors may take their meals in the patient room, but please discard all items including wrappers, leftovers, cups, plates, etc. and remove them from the room.
- All visitors should behave in a responsible, polite and courteous manner. Any visitor who exhibits threatening behavior or uses abusive or profane language will be asked to leave the hospital.
- We strive to provide all patients and visitors with a clean environment. To help our Environmental Services personnel and to keep the patient's room as sanitary as possible, visitors may be asked to leave the room so that it can be cleaned. We realize that this may be an inconvenience; however, visitors may want to enjoy our cafeteria or tour the grounds at this time.