Georgia Camp Bluebird offers a special experience for adult cancer survivors. Surrounded by the beauty of nature, campers are offered an atmosphere of creativity, learning, sharing and support. The three-day, two-night camp is held at the Georgia Baptist Assembly in Toccoa, Ga., about 100 miles north of Atlanta.
Camp Bluebird Details
- First-time campers have priority.
- Open to any adult - 18 or older - who has ever had a diagnosis of cancer.
- Members of Atlanta Medical Center staff and specially trained BellSouth Pioneer Volunteers serve as camp counselors.
- Campers sleep in semi-private rooms and get to enjoy a large lake, hiking trails, picnic area, chapel and dining hall.
- Campers will receive a variety of support services ranging from assessing emotional and psychological needs to managing financial and medical issues to learning new creative outlets for living with cancer.
- Complete registration form and send with a $45 registration fee.
To Obtain a Registration Form or for More Information on Camp Bluebird Contact:
The Cancer Pavilion
Atlanta Medical Center
320 Parkway Drive NE
Atlanta, Ga. 30312