The Spine Specialists of Atlanta Medical Center are proud to be designated a UnitedHealth Premium® Surgical Spine Specialty Center. To be considered for this designation, a hospital must meet certain criteria including:
- Performs a minimum of 200 spine surgeries annually.
- At least one physician performs a minimum of 100 surgical spine cases per year.
- At least one physician has completed a fellowship in spinal surgery.
- Operating rooms and staff are dedicated to spine surgery.
- Intra-operative monitoring of spinal core function is available.
- Spine surgery patients are cared for post-operatively in a consistent or dedicated patient care unit.
- Physician therapy staff is available (at minimum) Monday through Saturday.
- Full emergency services are available 24/7 with a rapid response team.
- Cardiologists, infectious disease specialists, internists and pain-management specialists are available in the facility daily.
- Spine surgery program has been established for at least one year.
In addition, to be eligible the facility must participate with UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealthcare-participating spine surgeons must practice at the facility.